So, why would I want to work there?
Your website and social media are two very powerful channels for employer branding. Authenticity is the key: your message must match reality. And who is the most trusted source regarding your brand as an employer? That’s right – your employees.
Here are some of the messages that employees and job candidates are looking to hear:
- “We value your thoughts, your feelings, your effort, your hard work and your time.”
- “We recognize and reward our employees for the work that they do.”
- “Our employees enjoy their work environment and working with their colleagues.”
- “We help our employees learn, grow, and flourish.”
- “Be inspired by our employees’ academic and professional achievements.”
Engine Communication recommends showing rather than telling your story. Feature your employees on your social media pages. Show your employees at work in videos you share online. Be the first to share links to highlight your team’s milestones and achievements.
What is your organization currently doing to feature your employees online? How are you supporting your human resources department with employer branding? Are you using social media to quantify your recruiting strategy?